An Integrative Approach
Frequently Chinese medicine is described as "alternative medicine," implying an either/or approach to healthcare. I prefer the term Integrative Medicine because it best describes the way I approach healthcare. With the patient at the center, I want to have a collaborative relationship with physicians and all other healthcare providers to offer patients the best care possible.
As a health care provider, you may want to recommend Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine to a patient who is:
- Seeking additional therapies. Most patients appreciate an open dialogue about the options available to best support their health concerns.
- Struggling with chronic pain or illnesses that have not responded to other forms of care.
- In need of fertility support. Scientific studies have shown increases in the success of IVF procedures when used in conjunction with acupuncture.
- Seeking an alternative to drugs. Patients may benefit from acupuncture when pharmaceuticals do not give desirable results, when the patient cannot take medications due to side effects, or to help reduce the dependence on opioid medications.
- Seeking a whole health option. Chinese medicine is not just acupuncture. My training includes nutrition (using food as medicine), massage (Tui na, Cupping, Gua Sha), meditation (Qi Gong), and herbal formulas.
Why refer patients to Renée Klorman Acupuncture?
- I am California State, Licensed Acupuncturist and hold a Masters of Science in Chinese medicine. The training is a 3000+ hour program that is completed over 4 years. I've also completed 5 years of post graduate, advanced studies in clinical diagnosis and Chinese medicinal herbology.
- Prior to attending Chinese medicine school I completed a 1200+ hour Massage Therapy program in New York State, and worked as a massage therapist for ten years, with a professional focus in sports medicine and medical massage.
- I care deeply about my patients and work to provide the highest quality of care.
- As a primary care provider in California, I work with patients throughout the year on preventive health and wellness: nutrition, exercise, stress management, sleep hygiene.
- I welcome communication with any of the referring physicians and healthcare professionals throughout the course of treatment.
- I accept health insurance. I am an in network provider for Blue Shield of California PPO and Landmark PPO. All other insurance plans I can bill out-of-network, or provide a Super Bill.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.